|CNR 47 was built by Montreal Locomotive Works, a division of ALCO, in 1914 for the Grand Trunk Railroad before this railroad merged with Canadian National Railways in 1923. This 73 ton double-ender was built for passenger service and was used for suburban commuter service in Montreal. It has 63" drivers and 21" x 26" cylinders. This is the only surviving Baltic tank engine in the United States although similar locomotives were used in Chicago, New York, and Boston. CNR 47 is part of the Steamtown collection in Scranton, Pennsylvania.|
Copyright 2006 Donald Nute
This page last modified: 7/17/2006.
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org