Sierra Railroad Company 3 (4-6-0)

This locomotive was built by Rogers in 1891 for the Prescott & Arizona Central Railway where it also bore the number 3 and the name "Wm. N. Kelley". In 1897 it was transferred to the Sierra Railway Co. of California, which became the Sierra Railroad Co. in 1937. The 50-ton ten-wheeler (4-6-0) has 56" drivers and 17" x 24" cylinders. In June, 2004, it was undergoing extensive repair at Railtown 1897, Jamestown, California, where it has been in operation until recently.

Copyright 2004 Donald Nute

This page last modified: 7/24/2004.

Please send comments to: