Louisiana & Arkansas 509 (4-6-0)

L&A 509 was built in 1913 by Baldwin. The 92 ton ten-wheeler has 57" drivers and 22" x 28" cylinders. Originally coal-fired, she was converted to oil at Minden, LA, in 1928. It can be seen at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Copyright 2004 Donald Nute

This page last modified: 1/2/2006.

Please send comments to: donald@nute.ws