|Built by Baldwin in 1925 for the Lancaster & Chester Railway (SC), this locomotive was sold to the Cliffside Railroad Co. (NC) in 1947. L&C 40 has 50" drivers and 20" x 26" cylinders, and it weighs 78 tons. It is in service on the weekends on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad, New Hope, Pennsylvania.|
Copyright 2004 Donald Nute
This page last modified: 7/4/2004.
Please send comments to: email@example.com