Illinois Central 201 (2-4-4T)

IC 201 was built by Rogers Locomotive Works in 1880. This "double-ender" hauled passengers to Chicago's Columbian Exposition in 1893. It has 56-1/2" drivers and 16" x 22" cylinders, and it weighs 107,600 lbs. It is on display at the Illinois Railroad Museum, Union, Illinois.

Copyright 2004 Donald Nute

This page last modified: 11/18/2004.

Please send comments to: