|Tight quarters made it impossible to get a very good photo of this locomotive. Notice in the picture below the driver and the trailing wheel behind the sign. The information on the sign is a bit misleading. The engine was loaned to the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis, Missouri, for display in 1948, but it was purchased from the Reading Railroad by the museum in 1979. This inspection engine has 42" drivers, 8 1/4" x 8 1/2" cylinders, and weighs 26,359 lbs.|
Copyright 2004 Donald Nute
This page last modified: 1/7/2004.
Please send comments to: email@example.com