|This switch engine was built for the U.S. Army by H.K. Porter in 1942. It was intended for export to Europe and was built to fit the hold of the Liberty Ships. It has 54" drives and 16.5" x 24" cylinders, and it weighs 50 tons. Originally a coal-burner, it has been converted to oil. This engine is now used to pull tourist trains on the weekends for the Sacramento Southern Railroad at the California State Railroad Museum, Sacramento, California.|
Copyright 2004 Donald Nute
This page last modified: 6/4/2004.
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org